Tasty Tuesday: Peach Pound Cake
We tend to post healthy recipes here at Bosom Buddy, but it's silly to pretend that we don't all need some sweetness in life! So here ya go - a dessert post!
Whether you're expecting, a new parent, or just have a sweet tooth, this summer cake will have you thinking you're back home on the porch swing in Georgia. (Or Tennessee - whatever!) But seriously - checkout the original recipe in the photo at the bottom of this page.
Pairs well with Mint Juleps, extreme heat, and bouffant hair.
1 cup butter. softened
3 cups sugar
6 eggs (yes, you read that correctly!)
3 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups medium-ripe fresh peaches, peeled and chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 then grease and flour your tube pan
2. In large bowl, cream butter and sugar - should be light and fluffy
3. Add in eggs one at a time and beat well after each
4. In a separate small bowl, mix peaches with sour cream
5. Using another large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt
6. Add about 1/3 of the dry ingredients to your cream/sugar mixture. Mix. Then add half of the peach mixture. Add another third of dry, then the rest of the peaches, then the remaining dry mixture. (It can get confusing... just alternate adding dry and peaches, and be sure to start and end with dry.) Mix well.
7. Stir in vanilla and almond extract
8. Transfer to your cake pan and bake for 75-80 minutes
See below if you'd rather follow straight from the southern belle printed version.