Sweet Snack: Fall Caramel Apples 2.0
Here's a fun sweet treat to help celebrate autumn! It's like the little sibling to a big caramel apple - bite-sized and way easier to make and enjoy.
- Apples (1 large apple yields about 5-6 good, round slices)
- Chocolate chips for melting
- Salted caramel sauce (I used Smuckers, found in ice cream topping aisle...or you can make/melt your own)
- Any extra toppings like Rice Krispies, nuts, sprinkles, coconut, etc
- Candy/lollipop sticks - my local grocery didn't carry these so I used small bamboo skewers
- Wax paper
- Paper towels
1. Wash your apples and slice them so that you have large round pieces
2. Set them on a paper towel to absorb as much apple juice as possible so the chocolate won't slide off
3. Insert sticks in each slice
4. Melt your chocolate - I used white chocolate and dark. Microwave melting is easiest just stir every 30 seconds. A small crock would work too.
5. Dip each slice and set on wax paper to harden. If you get the chocolate around the edge of where the apple meets the stick, it'll help hold it in place!
6. While chocolate is still warm, add your toppings.
7. Let chocolate harden before adding caramel drizzle. I heated the caramel slightly to make it a bit more runny. Drizzle or pour over your slices!
8. Enjoy immediately or wrap each piece in wax paper and store in the fridge.
Checkout these beautiful versions for inspiration!