Tasty Tuesday: Zucchini Boats
How fun are these? They're healthy, easy to assemble, great for little toddler hands and make great leftovers! Thanks to mama of two, Alex S., for the idea!
Ingredients: quantity depends on how many you want to make, but there is no right or wrong ratio for this meal!
zucchini (you can also use big bell peppers!*)
brown rice or quinoa
corn, cooked and off the cob
salt and pepper
pre-cook: brown your meat (add some taco seasoning if you'd like) and cook your rice/quinoa
1. Wash zucchini and cut in half lengthwise - then hollow out each section with a spoon
2. In a big bowl, mix together meat, corn, rice, beans, tomatoes, cheese, scoop of salsa and a dash of salt/pepper - this is your 'stuffing'
3. Fill each zucchini boat with your stuffing and set the boats on a foil-lined baking sheet
4. Cover loosely with foil and bake at 400 degrees for about 30-35 minutes. Remove, sprinkle with cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes uncovered
5. Top with salsa (and more cheese - duh) and dig in!
Have leftover stuffing? Toss it in a bowl with some lettuce and it makes a great salad the next day!
* If you use peppers, set them in a baking pan instead of on a sheet and put 1/4 cup water in the pan.