How fun are these? They're healthy, easy to assemble, great for little toddler hands and make great leftovers! Thanks to mama of two, Alex S., for the idea!
Ingredients: quantity depends on how many you want to make, but there is no right or wrong ratio for this meal!
zucchini (you can also use big bell peppers!*)
brown rice or quinoa
corn, cooked and off the cob
salt and pepper
pre-cook: brown your meat (add some taco seasoning if you'd like) and cook your rice/quinoa
1. Wash zucchini and cut in half lengthwise - then hollow out each section with a spoon
2. In a big bowl, mix together meat, corn, rice, beans, tomatoes, cheese, scoop of salsa and a dash of salt/pepper - this is your 'stuffing'
3. Fill each zucchini boat with your stuffing and set the boats on a foil-lined baking sheet
4. Cover loosely with foil and bake at 400 degrees for about 30-35 minutes. Remove, sprinkle with cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes uncovered
5. Top with salsa (and more cheese - duh) and dig in!
Have leftover stuffing? Toss it in a bowl with some lettuce and it makes a great salad the next day!
* If you use peppers, set them in a baking pan instead of on a sheet and put 1/4 cup water in the pan.